We’re going to suggest not using any specific nomenclature rules, but rather try to mirror Bootstrap’s core class naming conventions. Here are a few points to consider:
- Bootstrap components/classes are named with simple lowercase-separated-by-a-dash goodness.
- Try to mimic structural naming conventions…
- .header => .body => .footer as 3 parts of a component
- Parent element => child element being .component and .component-item
- Collections typically use .name-group as the containing element name
In short, aim to mimic Bootstrap rather than applying a strict naming convention. A great resource to review is .